EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT FOR SMALL CONSULTING BUSINESS
Jonquil Ridge Innovation is a boutique market strategy and analysis consulting business based in Bloomington, Minnesota, that collaborates with healthcare technology companies of all sizes. Our passion is using our unique framework to lead clients in creating innovative commercial and product strategies that make an impact. Our purpose is to bring together each individual team member’s unique abilities to create a sustainable consulting business while innovating the work experience for ourselves.
Are you craving real professional work that properly uses your experience and talents while also letting you maintain the flexibility you need to live your best personal life and manage other responsibilities? JRI is a fast-growing, all virtual company that runs on a four-day work week.
Thanks to a promotion for our first amazing Executive Assistant (EA), we are looking for an outstanding new EA to support JoAnna Trapp Simpson, CEO and Founder. Learn more about what we do at www.jonquilridge.com. If you are a highly organized administrative professional with significant experience supporting executives, read on to learn more about this exciting opportunity!
This is a part-time role—10 to 12 hours per week—reporting to the CEO. For this role, you will have the flexibility to work from home. Typical hours for this role are three to four mornings per week, Monday-Thursday with some flexibility around start and end times. Ideally, you’ll live in the Minneapolis-St. Paul, Minnesota metro area as there will be a need to collaborate for in-person meetings on the west side of Minneapolis, to occasionally support in-person workshops, or to run errands near Bloomington. Pay will be in the range of $25-30 per hour, commensurate with experience.
Does running process and systems with a smile, checking things off your to-do list with delight, and making things run like a well-oiled machine spark joy for you? Are you equally comfortable communicating with Fortune 500 business leaders and negotiating with orthodontic schedulers? Would you get great personal satisfaction from being a partner-in-crime, proactive planner, and lifesaver extraordinaire to help a busy business founder and her dual-working parent family make their highest and best contribution to the world? Are you excited about the idea of contributing to the success of an entrepreneurial business with your unique talents?
In order to free up the leader to focus on “front stage” client-facing consulting and business leadership, the mission of the EA is to stay five steps ahead of their leader, tracking all of the administrative details, and clearing the path for her to make her greatest contribution to our business. The EA will be a key asset to the leader by anticipating needs at an exceptionally high level, allowing her to develop vision and strategy for all aspects of business leadership at Jonquil Ridge so that we can reach our revenue and profitability goals . While repetitive tasks are certainly part of this position, the tasks assigned can vary from week to week based on the leader’s needs and the needs of the business. The most important responsibility of the EA is to ensure that administrative tasks and projects are completed with a high level of efficiency, confidentiality, accuracy, flexibility, and positivity in order to support the initiatives of the leader.
Schedule Ninja/Professional Scheduler
- Manage leader’s complex professional calendar including sales calls, project meetings, client interviews, deep consulting work time, and other business leadership time based on a template of her ideal week and ideal month.
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with all parties about scheduling.
- Act as a gentle but firm gatekeeper to ensure leader’s time is being maximized to her highest and best and meetings are spread to other team members appropriately.
- Keep metrics of leader’s time investments and collaborate with operations team to prevent overload scheduling and maximize her productivity.
- Support leader’s business development duties including prospect research and opportunity tracking.
- Manage statement of work signing process & documentation.
- Manage in-person administrative needs at occasional on-site strategy workshops including managing supplies, taking notes, and arranging catering.
Schedule Ninja/Personal Family Scheduler
- Manage leader’s complex personal family calendar including family health care, beauty, children/family activity, pet, travel/entertainment, and household maintenance/improvement appointments/arrangements supporting both leader and her husband.
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with all parties about scheduling.
- Act as a gentle but firm gatekeeper to ensure leader’s time is being maximized to her highest and best and she is alerted ahead of time when other family members, etc., need to help.
- Keep metrics of leader’s time investments and collaborate with her to identify places where the family “team” needs additional resource investments.
Researcher Extraordinaire/Project Coordinator
- Use strong phone and online research skills to identify and recommend vendors for a wide range of small professional and personal projects including, but not limited to, planning team events, personal and professional travel, home improvement projects, and executing leader’s thoughtful impulses. Recent assignments have included finding a new piano teacher for my 9-year-old, planning a 75th birthday event for my mother-in-law in Des Moines, and finding a repairperson for my backyard fence.
- Once vendors have been chosen, coordinate these projects to completion including managing schedules and budgets, communicating with vendors, and ensuring they are completed at promised quality.
- Other duties as assigned may include creating travel briefings, running errands, making copies, filing, sending packages, etc.
- Business Knowledge: The leader’s EA will have a high attention to detail and accuracy, using their existing experience dealing with complex business information, their experience supporting professional services or marketing executives, and their ground level understanding of business/marketing terminology to provide informed administrative support.
- Quality Communication: The EA must be an excellent communicator, in both written and oral form. This includes proficiency in spelling, grammar, and punctuation. This also includes being able to take a large amount of information and summarize it quickly both in writing and orally on a regular basis. You must also be able to track communication (and be very responsive) across multiple channels without losing any details. Those channels could include in-person meetings, virtual video calls, text messages and/or emails.
- High Level of Discretion: Since our EA will regularly work with confidential information, discretion and sensitivity is a must. EA will need to pass a standard basic background check.
- Team Player: In addition to working directly with the leader, the EA will also work with other members of the Jonquil Ridge extended team, clients, and other service providers. They’ll need to be able to collaborate and communicate well with these team members, maintaining a can-do spirit and not complaining, making excuses, or gossiping.
- Anticipating Needs: As a part of our commitment to enabling our leader to serve her company and customers at the top of her game, our EA will strive to anticipate needs and eliminate friction at work and home whenever possible.
- Affinity for Technology: Technologically savvy Windows user and not intimidated by learning new technology. Proficiency in the following tech platforms is ideal: Microsoft Office Suite, Zoom, Calendly, and ClickUp. Experience with Freshbooks, Gusto, and Canva is also helpful.
- Education: High school diploma/GED required; Bachelor’s degree, preferred.
- Experience: 2 years supporting c-suite executive(s), preferably in marketing or consulting. 5+ years of professional experience.
- Physical: Ability to bend, reach, and lift boxes and office supplies up to 30 lbs.
To apply, please submit the following via the form below.
1. Cover letter and PDF of your resume.
2. Tell us how your heard about this position.
3. StrengthsFinder Top-5 Strengths Report (optional)
4. Kolbe A Index Assessment (optional)